The Sydney W. Penney Memorial Scholarship Fund is a financial scholarship for past and current Taunton
White Tigers athletes whom wish to continue their education and/or life skills training beyond the state allowance.
The purpose of this scholarship is to provide a financial award
to qualifying participants of the program who wish to continue their education. This can include, but it not limited to, severely disabled athletes choosing to attend additional life skills or
work training programs.
- Application must be received by the Sydney W. Penney Memorial Scholarship committee
no later than September 1.
- Winner(s) will be announced at the end of the year banquet in addition to being
posted on the Taunton White Tigers website.
- Scholarship checks will be sent by December 31.
- Participation within the Taunton White Tigers program.
- Enrollment in a program contributing to the applicant’s future (i.e. college, life
skills, independent living, work training, etc.)
Criteria used to determine
- Longevity with the Taunton White Tigers program.
- Participation within the Taunton White Tigers
- Applicant’s intensions of the funds, as it pertains to their future
Additional scholarship information:
- The annual amount to be awarded will be based on a percentage of the total funds in
an account specifically for the Sydney W. Penney Memorial Scholarship fund.
- Percentage is to be determined by a scholarship
- Scholarship recipients must complete a new application to be considered for the
upcoming annual award.
- Supervision of the scholarship will be the responsibility of the Sydney W.
Penney Memorial Scholarship committee.
- Relatives of the Sydney W. Penney
Memorial Scholarship committee are not eligible for
- Relatives of the Taunton White Tigers Board of Directors, officers, coaches and
contributors are eligible to apply.